One date: March 30
Two times:10 am -1 pm or 5 – 8 pm (EST)
Presented by: Tanya Richmond, SDA
This interactive training explores the evolution of foundational concepts from cultural competency and cultural proficiency to person-centered cultural humility and a “culture of one”. Two reflective breakout sessions offer participants an opportunity to examine their own experiences with person-centered practices and the cultural considerations and person-centered skills that assist in engaging people from a cultural standpoint.
Learners will expand their knowledge and competence in Person-Centered Cultural Humility.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe cultural humility and how it applies to home and community-based services and supports.
- Identify key aspects of person-centered cultural humility in order to provide services and supports in line with the HCBS Final Rule.
- Engage in action learning and raising awareness around people’s values and lived experiences.
- Describe the difference between Cultural Humility and Cultural Competence.
- Identify available resources for further learning.
To register, click here or email Debbie Paul regarding which session you would like to attend at Debbie@sdaus.com. For Disability Accommodations, contact Dr. Yolanda Van Horn at email@example.com or call (202)- 527-5541.
Leave a Reply