AJE Board Member Molly Whalen spoke with Aryan Bocquet from My School DC yesterday about changes to the school lottery that families of students with disabilities need to know about. You can listen to their conversation here. Aryan mentioned some resources during her conversation Molly, and here they are –
- My School DC website: https://www.myschooldc.org/
- School options outside of My School DC (where you can find links to Kingsman Academy and St. Coletta’s): https://www.myschooldc.org/
- Students with Disabilities and the Public School Lottery: https://www.myschooldc.org/
- Helpful questions to ask schools: https://www.myschooldc.org/
- Click on a school’s name to view their SPED Point of Contact: https://www.myschooldc.org/
Also, don’t forget that AJE has a great tool for families who are looking at schools to help them get the information they need to make informed decisions for their students. Remember that Molly and Aryan’s chat, and all of the conversations that are part of the Special Education Thursday Series are available here on AJE’s website. We’ll be making some changes to that page soon, so don’t be surprised if it looks different when you visit then you remember!