The My School DC lottery application deadline for PK3 – Grade 8 is TOMORROW for the upcoming 2023-24 school year.
If you have a question about whether you need to submit a My School DC lottery application, click here to confirm.
The application is available in English and Spanish, and application instruction guides are available in Amharic, French, Chinese, and Vietnamese. The My School DC Hotline is available to help you complete your application in your preferred language through bilingual staff and telephonic interpreters.
Do you need help completing your application? Give us a call at (202) 888-6336, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. or email us. We’re here for you!
Important: If you are considering a new public school option for school year 2023-24, please submit a lottery application even if you aren’t sure. If you’re matched to a school, you have until May 1 to decide whether you want to enroll at the school or not. Waiting to apply after the lottery deadlines will add your child to schools’ waitlists below lottery applicants.
Here are some helpful tools and tips:
- Watch how the lottery works. This helpful video explains how My School DC matches students to schools. How families rank their schools on the My School DC application matters!
- Create a list of schools using the School Finder – families can apply to up to 12 citywide!
- Learn what is needed to apply.
- Applying to PK? We have a page for that.
- We want to help families find the right fit for their child with an Individualized Education Program (IEP). We have a point of contact within schools’ profiles that families can connect with, as well as an overview of the process.